General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Keyless Entry Problems....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry Problems....

I have a '99 z28 with keyless entry. About 10 seconds after I lock the doors from outside the car with the remote, the panic goes off. I have to hit the lock button again when that happens. The doors lock as they should though. It has done it the entire time I have had the car, so I know for sure I am not just accidently hitting the panic button. I have also changed the battery in the remote 3 times in the past 9 months or so. It isn't a huge deal, it just gets annoying when I try to lock my car and the panic goes off. Can anyone help me out?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:01 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Check the shock sensor in the trunk area of the car, on the right hand side, underneath the panel that covers the spare tire. The circuit boards on these things react very poorly to moisture and once they start to corrode the symptoms you're describing tend to appear. If the shock sensor is too far gone you could always disconnect the shock sensor until you locate a suitable replacement...
Old 07-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Excellent! Thanks for the help. I'll go check it out. Would I look on here for a new one if it is bad or is that something I would need to get from a parts store or something?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Teching In

That seemed to be it! Again , thanks for the help.