General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oil pressure gauge acting wierd WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Oil pressure gauge acting wierd WTF???

so ive notcied this a few times before but lately its been really hot and doing it to the extreme. In fourth gear at cruising speeds of 60+ it stays at 40psi and when i let off and begin to decel. the gauge jumps up to like 55. Immediatly when i hit the gas agin it jumps back down to 40????? ALso if i accelerate slowly the gauge stays at 40 exactly but if i accel. fast like 3k+ rpms it goes up quicky past 60 ( it like jumps there). WOT it is normal and prob slowly goes to 70ish psi.... idk if weather plays a factor but when its cold out i seem to never have this issue. The cars drives great but seems like it has alot of drone and gets louder when deacl than cruising but otherwise drives normal.

If anyone has an idea please help me out i dont think it is the motor.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The needle cannot jump around like that.........you probably need a new oil pressure sending unit.

Bitch to replace. Easy, just time consuming. You have to take the intake off to do it right. Don't try to do it by not removing the intake, they break easily.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that it is the sending unit. Also, be careful when reinstalling the intake when you are finished. My friend broke his newly installed unit right off because he got in a hurry. Good luck!