General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

window motor problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default window motor problem.

So my passenger side window motor needs replacing. I followed shbox's guide and drilled the holes to find the rivets. I instead found some nuts. The bolts in these nuts are philips head it looks like. Very small, very shallow philips heads. unless they are just the tiniest allen key size ever. Basically I dont have the slightest clue how they put these things in there

At this point im pretty sure I've stripped the living hell out of two of them and I haven't touched the third. How would you recommend I get these things outta there? I was thinking drilling them out but they are pretty tough. Unless theres a super bit I haven't heard of.

Any advice helps. Thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Id just drill them, sounds like either its been replaced somehow before, or they ran out of rivets at the factory? just get a good sharp bit, and have at it, us a bit of pb blaster to keep things cool. i just went through doing mine the other day, it had already been replaced and was only held on by 2 of the screw nut set ups which where crazy loose.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

thanks for the help. I got the old one out and the new one in and... its still not working. What else could possibly be a culprit in this?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:13 AM
Teching In

Im in the middle of the same issue as far as it still not working, im thinking it may be either the bcm or a wire between the fuse box and the motor, for yours id check fuses and such for starters, maybe youll get lucky?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some other hack has already replaced the motor if there were nuts on it.

If you have power and ground the problem is the regulator. Get a new one with the motor already assembled on it. Switches are known to go bad, but without checking for power/ground you'll never know.