General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

stripped allen head torx bolt

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stripped allen head torx bolt

on my valley cover under the FAST my bolts stripped. i tried vice grips and it doesnt move. any other ideas? i have a bolt remover kit and it doesnt work since those bolts are round. im wondering if i can dremel a slice in it and use a screwdriver to remove it like that?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

couple ways to do it now that you are against the wall,,,, ONE>> you can take a drill and drill the heads off the bolts. you got to get a size that is the same size or just a little bit bigger than the threaded part of the bolt. You will put it in the hole of the bolt and drill down until you see it start to show the round top of the shank part of the bolt. Then just tap the head and it will come off. Once you are done with this just pull the valleys straight up. This is the way I would personally do it. The fast bolts are stainless, so use some lube and GO SLOOOOW or you will kill your bit. 2>>>> the other thing you could do is put a sanding disc on an angle grinder and grind the head flat to the valley,,Being very careful not to get into the engine heads. EIther way you go make sure you tape up all the intake runners nice and tight.