General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car restarted during WOT pull

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car restarted during WOT pull

I had my alternator go out on me last week, I replaced it with a 220 amp piece and did the big 3 upgrade using 2 gauge wire for the battery and engine grounds and 1/0 gauge for the alternator to battery as well as installing a ported and polished TB I've had laying around but haven't had the time for. Anyways I got it back running yesterday and drove it around without any problems but never got into the throttle much. Today I had an opportunity to go WOT and as soon as I made the shift from 1st to 2nd my car restarted? My stereo shut off, all gauges went down and all the dash lights came on as if I just turned the ignition on yet the engine didn't seem to loose power as I was still accelerating. It was really weird, the car ran perfect afterwards. I checked all connections and nothing it loose. Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well after inspecting everything, the only thing I think could have happened is too much power too fast. I hooked the battery ground to the same little bolt as the stock one and I don't think that is going to suffice. I'll look into drilling another hole and putting a larger bolt for the ground wire. If anyone has any other ideads I'd appreciate it!