General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Air Conditioning Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air Conditioning Issue

My ac seems to have a leak. I am attaching a pic of the hose that is leaking. Does anyone know how one would remove this particular hose and if it can be bough at a local parts store? Maybe even what the hose is called? It's to hot to be going without the air!!!

Old 08-14-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

The one thats circled, That looks like the Exhaust gas reculation (EGR) hose and has nothing to do with A/C, the 2 beside it are A/C lines, the one with the plug is the high pressure (Always hot) switch, the suction or (Always cold) is the Rubber hose next to it. You need to dicharge the freon first and all parts can be purchased online, but if your not sure of what you are doing just pay to have it fixed.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you got an ac leak there you got some serious problems, as stated that's your EGR system.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there is another pic, right there where it is circled is where it leaks when I put freon in it. Is it not possible for that hose to be bent or something and it leaking right there?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, after further investigation, it is the high side hose, not the one circled that is punctured. It was hard to tell because it was shooting onto the other one misleading me with what was going on.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Hose is part of accumulator/drier.

Is the leak comming from the hose or the o-rings that connect the hose to the evaporator/condensor?

0-rings can be replaced easily. however, I would fix the leak, replace the accumulator/drier, pump the system down, and recharge it.

once the system is open from a leak they accumulator drier needs to be replaced, the system needs to be vacummed down and refilled.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

They make a new super sealer that I had put in my old 2000 SS and it had stopped that problem. When it hits an open hole it fills it. I had in for about 6 months before I sold the car and the ac stayed cold, not saying this is the best way but if you are low on funds you may want to try it.