General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Turn signal not flashing

Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal not flashing

A few months back I had the turn signal socket itself in my 2002 Camaro completely burn out. Melted plastic, the thing had no ounce of life left in it. I got a new socket for it, and just got around to installing it today.

Good news! The running light works fine now. Bad news, the turn signal still doesn't.

I did a few things to make sure it was wired right. I crimped the ground, turned on the car, and then held the end of the other two to figure out which wire went to what. I figured out which was correct for the DRL, and crimped it. Then I turned the turn signal on, and held together the remaining wires... and nothing happened.

Now before you ask, the filament for the turn signal is good. I found that out when figuring out which wire was which (it lit up). The back turn signal is also good, as it comes on when the switch is flipped, but the front doesn't. The hazards also work and cause all but the front right to come on.

So, any ideas?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

try changing the bulb itself
Old 08-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is odd... I went out there with the intent to change the bulb... and it started working before I did. This thread is now useless, but I really have no idea what just happened.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 321 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by HarrisonH
Well this is odd... I went out there with the intent to change the bulb... and it started working before I did. This thread is now useless, but I really have no idea what just happened.
Something (bulb/wire) is loose.

Search this Thread