General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car does not start, does not turn over

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa, i am literally having the SAME issue, right down to the "weird sound by the clutch res, when you turn the key"

try "jumping" the starter relay (pull the relay cover off of it, and use a screwdriver to connect the terminals inside at the base) and see if it starts the car, thats how i HAVE to start my car every damn time, every thing but my damn starter will work, when i turn the key... I still have yet to find the problem in my car, hence finding this post. when you solve this (if) let me know
Old 11-30-2011, 06:54 AM
Teching In

yea same thing on my 2000 firebird auto sounds just like it any one got a idea
Old 12-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by whitedevil
Whoa, i am literally having the SAME issue, right down to the "weird sound by the clutch res, when you turn the key"

try "jumping" the starter relay (pull the relay cover off of it, and use a screwdriver to connect the terminals inside at the base) and see if it starts the car, thats how i HAVE to start my car every damn time, every thing but my damn starter will work, when i turn the key... I still have yet to find the problem in my car, hence finding this post. when you solve this (if) let me know
ill let you know when figure this out. i've been busy lately with all sorts of ****.
BTW - the starter needs to be bolted up. from what im told the bolts are actually the ground for the starter. but that still didnt help my stuation.

i'm printing out the wiring diagram tomorrow from DADDYSS. then need to pick up a multimeter.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Having same problem. Subscribing!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Get a multimeter and check for voltage at the starter switch when the key is turned to "start". If all is good, go to the signal wire at the starter solenoid. If no voltage there, check all fuses/relays in the wiring diagram posted earlier. Good luck!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

im also having this problem and bought a full bcm bypass and still nothing! gonna try to jump the started relay tomorrow
Old 12-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Ok i know how to fix well it will make the car start and run perfectly everytime hit me up ill make u a video and a how to guide
Old 12-29-2011, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Update, got my car started. Ended up being a bad clutch switch even though the security light was on.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Teching In

i got some results...I took the car to an LS-anything genius, CBI just outside St. Louis, MO.
Turns out the ground to the starter relay was bad. now it's fixed and I'm picking it up this weekend.
big thanks to CBI! and thanks to all the suggestions and help in this thread!

Quick Reply: Car does not start, does not turn over