Car not starting and idle issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car not starting and idle issues

Hello Guys

Alright I have a 2000 WS6 M6.

I had my service engine soon light come on yesterday (no rough running or anything) I have not taken the car to get the code scan as of yet.

I cleaned my throttle body about three months and ever since I did that I have had random throttle fluctuations at idle. Anywhere from 1100-1500rpm at idle. Sometimes if I shut the car off and restarted it would idle normally around 600-700rpms.

Today (after the check engine light has been illuminated) I started the car and it was running at 2000rpms at idle.

Believing that maybe my tps senor was malfunctioning or unplug. I decided that I would unplug a couple of sensors around the throttle body and reattach them to make sure they were connected correctly.

This had no effect on making the car idle normally. I decided to check and see if the maf sensor went bad on me and unplugged it. I attempted to start the car with it unplugged and it would just crank, not start.

I reattached the maf sensor and double checked that my other sensors around the throttle body were connected. I tried to start the car and now it will not turn over, just as if I had the maf sensor still unplugged. I have power to the fuel pump(I can hear it) I can also smell the fuel, so I know the fuel is making to the engine and the engine is cranking good and strong, just not starting. So I do not know if the computer has stopped my spark or what.
I disconnect the battery for about an hour and pulled the PCM and PCM start fuses as well.

Attempted to start the car and still not luck.

Would like to hear any suggestions you all may have for me

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a guessing game.........get the code and go from there. Not getting spark can be a simple sensor or a broken internal engine part.