General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Could use some help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could use some help please

I have a 94 z28 with the lt1that I got in 2002. A year and a half later I joined the marines and until this past July the cars been in my parents driveway in Rochester ny not getting driven enough. This past June while I was home I started to have problems with rough idle and it was slow to shift into gear all at low rpm and past 2500 it was fine and had all the power it should. When I got the car shipped to me in July to San Diego the problem was worse. Immediately I started upgrading and installed pacesetter long tubes and their ory pipe which is currently installed with a fitting to the stock pipe without a cat until next check when I can order my cat back system. Before that though I had all the fluids flushed and hoses changed along with new plugs and wires. The car has progressively gotten worse and now it's to the point where it isn't drivable. I've changed the 02 sensors, fuel filter, throttle position sensor, coolant temp sensor, knock sensor, air filter, inspected all the vacuum lines, maf sensor, and fuel lines. While tracing the vacuum lines I discovered I'm completely missing my purge canister tank and the lines just dangling down where it should hook up. I thought I may have finally figured it out until today while putting heat wrap on the headers I noticed they're all scorched except for the tube coming off the number one cylinder which has no heat damage what so ever. Tested the plug and it's getting spark but the cylinder isn't firing. I'm going to run the compression test in the morning but I've been running so rich and stalling out at idle I was thinking air system but I'm not sure where to go with this now. I have a code reader but I couldn't get codes to flash although the fan did come on. Any advice is greatly appreciated because my wife's about ready to sell this car when I leave the house.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anyone read this heres a quick update, I got tired of throwing money at it when I planned on doing a rebuild next year anyway so i have the engine compartment torn down right now and the motors about to come out and get swapped for a 383 stroker crate motor.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sell it start over