General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

RPM's drop weirdly

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM's drop weirdly

Hey I have a 1994 Pontiac Firebird where the rpms will bounce.
It usually only happens when the engine has just been started, so when its cold. I start it it sits and idles just fine, starts at 1100-1300 rpm and then after a minute or two it slowly drops to 1000 rpm and sits and sounds nice, so idles just fine. But then Ill put it into drive the rpm drops just a tad but that is normal, but then I'll give it gas, it accelerators just beautifully and then I'll let go off the gas pedal and the rpm will just rapidly drop and go to like 400's and then the engine will shakes and it quickly bounces back to like 1000 to recover itself and then to like 700 and bounce back up to 1000. It does this for like the first 3 or 4 times I let off the gas but then after that it stops and after I let off the throttle it'll sit back to a normal 1000. I put fuel injectors cleaners ever 5000 miles. I was thinking maybe the fuel pump pressurizing a little slow at first, but I'm not sure. It would be great if I could get some wise advice. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Even if you have no code for it....might want to try a new IAC valve. You can return it for a refund if it doesn't work.