General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Puzzling LT1 problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puzzling LT1 problem

Posting this from my phone so please excuse grammatical errors I have a problem which is completely sporatic where my car seems to be cutting out. And as it does it my gauges both rpm and speedo drop in sync with the stutter,as well as my service engine light flashing in tune with it but not staying on. Now if I shut off the car and turn the key forward my fuel pump will prime in sync with the service light flashing. And it wont stop....its like im turning the key on and off. I was thinking opti but it pulses with just the key turned, so I'm guessing the cutting out is with the fuel pump cutting out. 93 LT1, 6 speed thanks and sorry for the wall if text
Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Also my "low trac" light flashes in time with all the other above mentioned problems...thanks again for any ideas.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

I had something similar happen when my battery and alternator both died, but it wasn't intermittent. I would say your pcm is causing these problems so check your grounds and connections, and before you spend any money I would get it scanned
Old 09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Well the alt and battery are pretty new. Ill definitely check my grounds your the third person to mention...I also thought about the pcm, I may grab one up from a yard and try it out as well...its so intermittent when it happens...car can run great for several months and then all the sudden it goes nuts and it can quit as quick as it starts. I hate problems like these. Thanks for the ideas...
Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

So another thing to maybe pick someones brain...the previous owner described a similar problem that he had as well that went away when he did some work on his steering assembly... I also recently changed out my ignition cylinder could I perhaps have a pinched wire in the steering somewhere that could cause my symptoms?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Teching In

i believe i heard of someone having this problem before. The icm would vibrate loose while driving and the car would die. Even if the alternator is new get it tested, ive had 1 or 2 bad straight out the box.

good luck