General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuel pump sensor? Not sure

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fuel pump sensor? Not sure

This is how it started. Yesterday I heard a noise from the rearend that sounded like a exhaust leak. It doesnt do it all the time. And now I hear a very loud whinning noise, sounds like electrical. In the pics posted below, I unplugged the top sensor, and the noise stopped, but the car then died after about 10 seconds. Which leads me to this sensor I unplugged goes to the fuel pump. I do not know everything in the world about this car, so my question is, do you think its that sensor? (male end, or the female end it goes onto) Or the fuel pump? BTW, where is the pump located? Pics posted.
Attached Thumbnails Fuel pump sensor? Not sure-img_0720.jpg   Fuel pump sensor? Not sure-img_0721.jpg   Fuel pump sensor? Not sure-img_0722.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, So I think I pinpointed the whinning noise to the fuel pump in the gas tank. When you just turn the key forward to get electical power, I put my hand on the gas tank and could feel the fuel pump vibrate it a little and hear the noise coming from it. Same when the car is started. Still drives fine, wonder why its doing that all of a sudden?