General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driverside window won't go down

Old 10-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driverside window won't go down

My driverside window won't go down at all. When i hit the button it just makes a loud clicking type noise. The pass side works fine so i kno its not the fuse. I just wanted some ideas of what it might be before i go put another motor in it without needing it. I cant even budge the window at all, my last Z had some similar problems but i could at least help the window down. Any ideas!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 321 Likes on 294 Posts

99.5% chance your motor is dead. The click is the express down module trying to do its work (normally you don't hear it over the motor noise) so that proves the button is working fine.

There is a very very small possibility that your express down module may be faulty. If you are worried about that, you can test the connector as you are replacing the motor.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea see if a test light lights up across the 2 wire connector (harness side, not motor side) when you press the switch. It should light up in one direction and when you switch it, it should light up in the other direction. If all is well you need a motor/regulator assembly.

Search this Thread