General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Might be the solution to your squeaky sound problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Exclamation Might be the solution to your squeaky sound problem!!

Maybe its a repost or a common fact, but I didnt find a real thread about it so I'm making one

Story;
So this little squeak was not too bad at first, but it came to the point that my car was sounding like an old pile of trash!!!

So I bought a custom belt tensionner from Katech(I think). The problem was still there. Damn

I change my belts. Still there. DAMN!

One day I raced a CTSV and my engine gets really hot the squeak sound is so loud that it is louder than my exhaust!!!

So I get home and check my fans to see if its working right. I stop the car and turn the fans by hand. ohhh, I hear that little squeak coming from there!!!

Solution;
-jack the car safely
-get your *** under there and push the big fan plastic assembly up so it will unclip. You can use a big screwdriver if you want to help. There is 4 clips to look for, 2 top and 2 bottom.
-Unplug both fans from. Electric connector is on the back, easy to remove witha small screw driver or by hand.
-Remove the bolt holding the plastic fan. **you have to turn clockwise to unscrew it**. Remove the fan.
-Unscrew the 3 bolts holding the motor. 1 bolt on the top is kinda tricky cause you dont see it well.
-With some plyers, you have to ply the little metal pins that are sticking out. There is 4 spots to do. You will see how to do it when youll have it in your hands.***do not ply em to much, cause it will be tricky to unpry em when reassembly step come**.
-With a small screwdriver, seperate the motor cover and motor parts.
-Put lithium grease spray on shaft, top n bottom, in the cover where the the shafts turn and everywhere something is looking to be spinning. Dont spray the magnetic parts or other motor parts...!
-Reassemble the motor and pry the little pins back.
Reinstall everything!

...and listen to your new squeak-free engine sound!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

pics?