General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP!!! car wont start after s60/alternator/fuel pump install

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Default HELP!!! car wont start after s60/alternator/fuel pump install

ok so heres the story, 10 bolt broke so ordered an s60....before it arrived, i pulled the ten bolt, and dropped the tank so i could install a new gm sending unit and racetronix pump with the plug and play harness.......pump install went good....after i got the tank back up with the new pump, i connected the positive cable from the harness to one of the posts by the fuse box.......cranekd the car and it started right up......and let it run for a few minutes.....was running great, even tho there wasnt much gas in the tank......i shut it off..a few days later, i install a new 145 amp truck alt from advance, and in the process of getting the old alt off, i pulled the wire out of the alternator connector......ok no big deal, by a new gm connector, pull out the wires i dont need, and use the supplied crimp connector to connect the wire from the harness to the new wire from the connector........i then hook up the positive cable from racetronix harness, to the back of the alternator and zip tie the harness in...........few more days later, and in goes the s60.......with it fully in and still on jack stands, i tried to start the car......i reconnect the battery, and when i go to start the car, i notice that the red light next to the steering wheel by your left knee was blinking, which ive never seen happen before.....i try to start the car, and it wouldnt crank.....so i disconnected the battery, and reconnected it, and tried again......it cranked but never fired.......cranked it a crap load more, and still nothing.........so i sprayed some starting fluid in the throttle body, to see if the fuel pump was working.....cranked and not even a sputter.......sprayed more, and still no sputter........im lost guys........before i go into diagnostics, im seeking your guys help........i posted a pic of the part of the wire harness i was working with......just wondering if maybe i may have messed up a cam sensor wire or something..........i appreciate any advice.....ps.....i also put more gas in it and still nothing.....thanks guys
Old 11-08-2011, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

car is a 98 ls1 m6