General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Leaking coolant from this spot, what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking coolant from this spot, what is it?

Ok, directly left of the coolant drain valve, I am dripping all of my coolant out of that little hole there. Not where the coolant drains from in the picture, but the first thing to the left of that. What is this hole? Its dripping out slowly even though the car has been sitting forever. I would assume its some kind of drain but I dont see why it would leak out of there. It was in an accident and sat for about 2 months at a shop before coming back home with me. There is no damage really to the front of the car, just the passenger side. So nothing should be broken or damage on the motor or radiator. Im not sure what was done to it at the body shop while it sat. I got it back about a week ago and its just sat in my garage and leaked the entire time.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think what your referring to is possiblly just the lower radiator mount...its just rubber..think you might have a cracked radiator
Old 11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it's prolly a small crack, does it leak more after it heats up.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea...it looks like a drain, but its not. Its just the rubber mount sitting in a hole to keep the radiator mounted in place.

You must have a crack........start it up and get it to operating temp/pressure. Then with a flashlight look for the crack/leak everywhere front and back of the radiator. Check the top radiator hose fitment and clamp, as well as a possible pinhole in the hose where it attaches.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure its not residual from maybe a messy fillup?