General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Weird screeching from front of car after A arm install.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird screeching from front of car after A arm install.

Well I installed some Rod end A arms in the front of my car and since I have I notice a kind of weird screeching kind of sound when letting off my clutch.
I only hear it when I slowly let off the clutch and it bogs down. I have a pretty stiff clutch too (monster stg 5). I'm not sure if screeching is the proper term for it but it sounds like two pieces of metal being wiggled together back and forth with a kind of deep note.

It sounds like it's from the front of the car somewhere. I have got under and tried to check everything for tightness including the bolts that hold the Kmember to the body and can't find it the problem. The only thing I am missing is 1 bellhousing to motor bolt but I wouldn't think it would cause this.

I pm'ed spohn a while back to ask if he thought it was just natural noise of rod ends but never got a response. I'm kind of lost where else to look.

To make it a little more clear when I changed out my upper and lower control arms to tubular with rod ends I also changed shocks, springs, and ball joints. Anybody got any ideas for me to check?