General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

No power to passenger side head light - bright or dim

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No power to passenger side head light - bright or dim

2000 WS6, I'm having an issue with the passenger side headlight. The lights pop up (both sides) just fine, and the driver's side bulbs come on both dim and bright. Neither of the bulbs on the pass. side will light up.

At first I just assumed the bulb had croaked, so I replaced it. Nothing. I ran a volt meter to the harness connector right before the bulb and I have no juice. Anybody have any ideas on what could be going on here? I am guessing that there is a connector hiding somewhere that I can't see that is corroded or unplugged, but I haven't felt like ripping the front bumper cover off the car to poke around.

I did some searching and never could find anything to help me. Any help would be great.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a main connector behid the headlight assembly that hasbeen known to be corroded...id start with checking that connection.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

+1 ^^^

Have you ever changed the headlight motor? Often, doing this will cause contact between previously corroded terminals at the connector. I also just had a terminal at the connector rust completely through (and break the circuit) due to poor quality terminals on a new motor.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No kidding? Wow. No, thankfully I haven't had to change out a headlight motor on this one. I'll check out that connector and give that a shot. Thank you for the replies.