General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Motor Adjustment with Missing Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor Adjustment with Missing Hardware

I recently replaced my window motor (driver’s side door) and now I need to adjust my window some. It is now going up to high on one end (towards the rear of the car). When I went in to adjust the bolt for that I noticed the bolt was now missing (I guess the shop that replaced the motor lost it). I went to the Chevy dealer to get a new one, but they couldn't determine which bolt it was without me bringing in one from the other door (passenger side). Does anyone know the part number by any chance? I can take the other side apart, but would rather not since the other side if perfect and I don't want to mess with a good thing if I don't have to. Can I just get a normal nut and bolt (with lock washer of some sort) or is this a special bolt of some sort? Thanks in advance..
Old 01-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Teching In

After looking at the other adjust nuts on the regulator it looks like just a bolt with a flat head of some sort. I will just take one from the same door out and take it up to the dealer and hope they can figure out which one it is. They might not sell just the bolt by themselves.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

just go to hardware store and buy replacement there
Old 01-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Teching In

After looking at the other adjustment nuts on the same door, they are not normal nuts. I don't think a normal nut would work. I replaced the felt bracket that keeps the window from vibrating around at the top that was cracked and that has helped some.