General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wet passenger side carpet

Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wet passenger side carpet

Hello, I just removed my carpet to install deadening material and found the passenger feet area was pretty wet. The car has been in storage for 5 weeks. It was under the carpet mostly from the front on the seat forward, under the glove box. should I assume the black circular seal needs to be replaced or something else. I'm not going to put down the sounds deadening material until I seal up the leak. Also what should I use to seal?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Launching!

usually this is from the a/c drain hole getting plugged up or a bad heater core, but since you said the car has been in storage for 5 weeks i dont know. Wouldn't hurt to check the a/c drain though. not quite sure where its going to be on your car but usually on the firewall on the passenger side
Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

i cant find anything! everything is dry already. could this have been a 1 time thing? the day before i put my car away my thermostat went out causing it to overheat a few times. since then i flushed it and installed a new thermostat, car doesn't overheat now and has great heat so i don't think its the heater core? i seriously cant find this ac drain hole, i must have spent 45 minutes under the car searching for it! any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

here is a link I found floating around with a picture of this drain hole, hope this helps in some way. http://shbox.com/1/a_c_drain.jpg
Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 AM

could have been the a/c drain being plugged. it leaked out and now its not plugged. or depending on how full the heater core was it could have all drained out. run the car with the heater on and see if you can see some leaking.

Search this Thread