General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver side power window won't roll up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driver side power window won't roll up!

Hey guys looking for some help on this. I rolled the driver side(power) window down on my 95 Z28 about 2 weeks ago and it would not go up until I waited 30-35 mins. I thought it might be the switch so I replaced it. I pulled the dual switch panel out and the wires leading up to the switch for the driver window only were warmer(almost hot!) than the passenger side. Now I rolled it down today and it won't come up at all, not even if I wait. I have a new window motor at my work to replace this one but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else. The motor in it now did not seem to be slowing down. I can hear what seems to be a relay click when I press up or down on the switch but the motor does not work. Hopefully it is just the motor but does anyone know if there is any other electrical parts in the door/window assembly that can go bad? Thanks.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Hi,
The motors are usually the culprit. However, break out the volt meter to double check and
and rule out open circuits and broken wires. Best of luck with your problem and have a blessed week. Capt. jim
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

When you go to replace it, if you get stumped use this: http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

I've used shoebox's site for many things over the past 8 years, some really good stuff on there!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This is a classic problem with the thermal cutoff switch inside the motor. You need to replace the motor to fix it. Some will tell you that you can disassemble the motor and bypass the cutoff - but its there for a very good reason.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the replys guys. Really appreciate it!

Quick Reply: Driver side power window won't roll up!