General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start

Ok to give a bit of background about the problem. Right before the car wouldn't start, I was driving and the speedo and tach starting to jump very violently, reading completely wrong. Now there is no cranking or anything with the motor, no power to anything cause there is no beeping noise when i have the key in or the door open, cant pop up the headlights either. I tried to see if it was the battery but got it tested and it is still reading strong as ever.
Now when i go to open the hood, i hear a clicking noise from the things circled in the picture (not sure what they do or if hey could be the source of the problem). Any thoughts about what could be wrong is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

I don't have an LT1, but what you circled looks like your headlight motors. You should be able to turn those by hand to manually raise your headlights
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

Check for power down the line along with your grounds. Sounds like a dead alternator, but very possible it's just corrosion all over and inside your main power wires.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Good call samson, turns out there was a short in the negative battery cable.