General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

Hey guys, I am having an issue with my 01 Camaro SS. Its baffling and i dont know whether its electrical or not, please bare with me as i explain whats happening. I was experiencing an ignition problem months ago where the car would just not turn over, plenty of juice but seemed like a security issue or ignition problem. So my hubby put the resisters in and bypassed whatever you call that controls that problem lol. This is why i said please bare with me. Since hes done the resisters many months ago ive had no more issues. The car went in for a tune about a month ago and I dont think its related but could be. The check guages light has been coming on and off for the voltage. This has left me stranded a time or two but is intermitten. Yesterday it wouldnt start but all lights and chimes and everything worked fine. Not sure that its the alternator due to voltage going back up when driving. I know i sound jumbled and i apologize. Anyway the car wouldnt start so i left it at work and this morning ame in and it started right up several times, i drove it the guage light came on but went out when hitting the gas. It seems that any vibration easliy changes the volts from declining to going right back up to normal while driving. Any ideas or has anyone evr had anything like this happen to them. I am at whits end with the car and if its electrical just dont want to deal wth it anymore at all. Please any feed back would be great.

Very frustrated,
Steph
Old 05-06-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Maybe try your local Chevy dealer?

Last edited by Nathan C; 05-06-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well your initial problem was with the VATS system. The resister bypass mod was the correct fix. It sounds like your new problem is related to the tuning you had done. Do you know what the tune changed?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that my check engine light was on and i needed to have the O2 sensors tuned out. That was the initial reasoning for going and getting the tune. Hubby took it back today so we will see, they are saying nothing they tuned wouldve chamged the torque? I noticed as soon as I got the car back from them though that it was shifting different.