General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

This noise is killing me, pop from rearend.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default This noise is killing me, pop from rearend.

I recently took my car on a 5 hour drive to Harrodsburg to get it tuned. It did perfect all the way there and back but I started noticing once I got home a pop noise when I hit a rut espescially at low speeds turning into a parking lot. It sounds like a muffled metal to metal sound. Kind of like the panhard bar is loose and slightly shifting. I've ran the cat **** out of it and nothing weird happens no clunks, bangs, pops, like its in the rearend but I've checked every suspension part. I've tightned every bolt there. You can grab the wheel with it on ramps and pull back and forth and hear a pop noise back and forth. I'm starting to think the only thing holding the axle in is the caliper bracket but I'm still not convinced completely its inside the rear. Anybody got any ideas? I've driven this car on a 3 hour round trip since, raced a 2012 GT since it started and nothings happened.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was doin the same thing slight metal to metal soound when coming to a stop and making right hand turn at low speed. Kinda sounded like wore out brake pads and ended up being a carrier bearing goin bad. Mite try poppin the cover and lookin for metal shavings. Good luck

Quick Reply: This noise is killing me, pop from rearend.