General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help me asap!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help me asap!

well today I took my ws6 out for a drive.. 2 weeks ago I was tuned by frost and my car has been runung really good but the last two days I feel like a small loss in power the problem I have is whenever I start my car on a cold start it makes this wierd kind of ticking/grasshopper noise not a nock though. only at idle then when I hit the gas it seems to goaway When the car is warm If i start it the car doesnt make the noise but today after I kinda got on 3rd gear it seemed a little slow and after I slowed down a large amount of smoke was coming out of my exhaust i immediaetly turned my car off my engine seemed fine just the ticking of my headers I started it back up after 15 min no noise and no smoke I have no lights on and all gauges are normal does anyone know what is happeneing thanks again!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

do a compression check and see if you have bad rings, as shown by the smoke and the loss of power, but i'm not sure what could be making noise like a grasshopper, but then again i don't know what a grass hopper sounds like...
Old 05-24-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these cars sound like sewing machines...if that's the noise your talking about its normal...
Old 05-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright and no the noise just started it hasn't always been there neither has the smoke