General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Flashers that dont flash.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the car for less than a week and its my first car, so go easy on me. But when i hit the turn signal in either direction the light comes on on the dash that says i have hit it, and the lights come on in the rear. but just the rear lights come on and they stay solid. i went and got a flasher relay sensor (what i thought might have been the problem) and i have read every forum on the subject and they all say its under the dash right by where your right knee would be. i have taken out all the panels under the steering wheel and gotten under there with a flashlight twice and still don't see it. I even checked under the hood and none of the fuses there or on the side of the dash matched up with the one i have which I'm pretty sure is the right part for a 2000 z28. i know a pic would help to identify the part but tbh my phone is so old you probably couldn't make sense of the picture. any suggestions anyone?

and i live in NC so i have to pass inspection. otherwise i could care less but to keep it on the street i gotta get this fixed.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Teching In

this should help
Old 06-02-2012, 06:16 AM
gnx
On The Tree

hey check your blubs it is the first thing you should check as that is what will happen if you have one out.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Teching In

alright thanks guys! i know the front bulbs needed to be replaced i just didnt think that not flashing was to let you know. I'm use to a really fast click, that's what is is for the tundra.(what i'v been in the last few months) And wow i must have really screwed up buying that part, according to the diagram i went out and got a hazard flasher. it was only like 6 bucks anyhow i guess ill have an extra one laying around. but thanks again the info is appreciated!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Get them drunk, then they might flash,

sorry I thought the title was pretty funny.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:52 AM
Teching In

haha yea. i wandered if anyone was gonna say something. good catch!

Quick Reply: Flashers that dont flash.