General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

3Year vibration finally cured.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Smile 3Year vibration finally cured.

After 2 balances, tie rod ends. 1 alignment, turning rotors then replacing grinding rotors/pads after turning, removing front shocks to install new strut mounts, caliper rebuild, putting back in old trans mount, swapping back in old rear shocks & out again, swapping wheels back to front slight improvement.

Then yesterday finally found a shop with a road force balancing machine 27miles away after a road trip there, they balanced my front left wheel first and seemed amazed & shocked that some other shop had added 60grams of weights to the wheel stating it was way off! had all 4 balanced while I was there. Then on the way back fingers crossed g/f driving(NOTE fingers not crossed because g/f driving) we got on the motorway took it up to 90mph then a 100 a couple of times & it's steady as a rock! No more vibration at 70+ seat vibrating & hood looking like it was going to tear itself off at 80.

Just had to share because I'm soooo f**kin happy I've got the car I loved back again! I'd recommend one of these Hunter road force balance machines to anyone having vibration problems before spending money on other things like I did.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear you fixed your vibration, those roadforce balances are so worth getting.

Search this Thread