General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C control panel.......hot/cold knob is stripped and just spins.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default A/C control panel.......hot/cold **** is stripped and just spins.....

2002 Vette.

The hot/cold **** for the drivers side is stripped. Its stuck in a rather warm spot.

I took the **** off and the metal stem also just spins. Is there any way to take the metal nut off and somehow manually set it to full cold???

The passengers side vents blow real cold. Without changing the whole panel I just want to try to set it to cold on the drivers side for now.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure how Vettes are set up, but on F-bodies the mixture door is controlled by a cable. If yours is the same way, pop the cable off the back of the HVAC controls, then stick a screwdriver in the slot and spin it to close the mixture door. If it's electric, there is a motor on the mixture door shaft. You can pop the motor off and spin the shaft by hand.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan7
I'm not sure how Vettes are set up, but on F-bodies the mixture door is controlled by a cable. If yours is the same way, pop the cable off the back of the HVAC controls, then stick a screwdriver in the slot and spin it to close the mixture door. If it's electric, there is a motor on the mixture door shaft. You can pop the motor off and spin the shaft by hand.
Cool, I'm thinking its a motor on the Vette's than.....because they spin so easy with no resistance like our F-Bodys.

I'll try to remove the panel and check behind it.......

Thanks.

Quick Reply: A/C control panel.......hot/cold knob is stripped and just spins.....