Someone hit my car, cant figure out what is wrong. - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > CHASSIS, SUSPENSION, APPEARANCE > General Maintenance & Repairs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Maintenance & Repairs
Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds
Sponsored by
Gearstar Performance Transmissions

Someone hit my car, cant figure out what is wrong.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
TECH Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3
Send a message via AIM to nodnarb481
Default Someone hit my car, cant figure out what is wrong.

I was hit on the passenger side right around the wheel the other night coming home. I was able to drive the car home but it was pulling pretty hard. When I looked at it there was some real negative camber on the passenger side. I took the wheel off and structurally speaking, I can't find anything that sticks out at me. Doesn't look like anything is bent or buckled anywhere. The steering knuckle is basically resting on the shock and the tire was rubbing against one of the castle nuts towards the upper control arm.

Talking to my friend he said he would replace the steering knuckle, upper control arm and the wheel bearing to be safe. I also need to replace my tie rod ends because they were already bad. I'll try to upload a picture in a couple minutes but I was wondering if you guys thought I should go ahead and order those parts or if you think its possible that this guy just knocked my alignment out of whack.

Thanks in advance

edit* heres pictures

Click the image to open in full size.
outside showing the negative camber. And generally where I was hit

the knuckle on the shock. and you can see the pieces of tire that were rubbed off on the castle nut

just another general picture I took

Its hard to get good pictures from inside the wheel well but hopefully those show something..
95 Trans Am A4~ 2800 stall, 1.6 rockers, K&N CAI, Holly Air Foil, 160* stat, Hooker Long Tubes, offroad Y-pipe with dual cats, Hooker Cat back exhaust, electric cutout, transgo shift kit, B&M Cooler, B&M trans temp gauge 3.73 gears, J&M SFCs, BMR lower control arms, J&M relocation brackets, adjustable panhard rod, MSD Blaster Coil, ES T/A Bushing, OVC wires, free mods!, 17" C5 rims, Kumho 275/40/17s all around, and MadZ28 tune
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394765/

Last edited by nodnarb481; 07-22-2012 at 12:30 PM..
nodnarb481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:22 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
agaist, bolt, camaro, cambered, car, figure, hit, ls1, passenger, rear, rubbing, side, tire, wheel, wrong