General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I have a new compressor and some ?'s

Old 07-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a new compressor and some ?'s

Hey everybody well I got a new ac system, It was bought as a kit with the orifice tube, o-rings, compressor, and accumolator. This one to be exact:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120952846513...84.m1497.l2649
anyways I thought I was supposed to get the can of pag oil but it didnt get here with my kit. So I contacted the seller and this is what he said:
Start from the bottom.

Dear ese-vato-aguilar,No need to change the Oil,its fresh.If you do change the OIl please use PAG 46 and no more than 7 OZ.Thanks Glenn Stevens AutoClimatePro (888)220-6884- autoclimatepro Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear autoclimatepro,Oh, well I have to replace the oil with new oil. anyways I just thought since there was a picture of a can in the description I thought I was also supposed to recieve the can.- ese-vato-aguilar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear ese-vato-aguilar,We shipped the compressor from Global Parts.Global preinstalls PAG OIL in all the Compressors they sell.They also clearly mark it inside the Compressor box.Please do not add any more Oil.Thanks Glenn Stevens AutoClimatePro (888)220-6884- autoclimatepro

Dear autoclimatepro,Hi I believe I was supposed to recieve a can of pag oil for my compressor? all the other parts came in today, but the pag oil was not in there.- ese-vato-aguilar

So what do you all think? Should I just buy a can of oil or leave the one thats in there. He says its fresh?
Old 07-25-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 214 Likes on 175 Posts

you should ALWAYS flush the system when you have it open.......f bods take 9 ounces of PAG 150 oil......they put that much in there? and the correct weight oil?........and there are NO O rings in the system.....only gaskets
Old 07-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Teching In

From what I understand the compressor has 7 0z of pag46 oil. wtf they have the wrong oil and amount!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Teching In

oh and yea gaskets, sorry about that.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 214 Likes on 175 Posts

drain and replace with the correct oil

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have a new compressor and some ?'s