air conditioner - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > CHASSIS, SUSPENSION, APPEARANCE > General Maintenance & Repairs
Search

General Maintenance & Repairs
Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds
Sponsored by
Gearstar Performance Transmissions

air conditioner

Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Staging Lane

Trader Rating: 0
Default air conditioner

while driving home yesterday I noticed that my A/C wasn't blowing very hard. the air coming from the vents is cold. I checked the A/C comp. belt and all appeared to be ok. But even when the controls were set to "max" and on Highest setting it felt that there wasn't very much "wind force" (can't figure out an easier way to describe,sry.) emmitting from the vents. it felt like my A/C was on "low". anybody got ant ideas on the problem I'm having and how to fix? P.S. - ambient outside temp with heat index has been 112 degrees..
kernandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
TECH Resident

Trader Rating: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernandl View Post
while driving home yesterday I noticed that my A/C wasn't blowing very hard. the air coming from the vents is cold. I checked the A/C comp. belt and all appeared to be ok. But even when the controls were set to "max" and on Highest setting it felt that there wasn't very much "wind force" (can't figure out an easier way to describe,sry.) emmitting from the vents. it felt like my A/C was on "low". anybody got ant ideas on the problem I'm having and how to fix? P.S. - ambient outside temp with heat index has been 112 degrees..
I would check the blower motor.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake Manifold | PnP TB | Powerbond 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site
Decadence75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Staging Lane

is there a way to test to see if it's working properly or is it either "working or not"?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
TECH Resident

Trader Rating: 16

I would check the fuse first of all to make sure it wasn't blown.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake Manifold | PnP TB | Powerbond 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site
Decadence75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
Staging Lane

thanks! will do.
2002 trans am , auto , bolt-ons , 3500 stall , shift kit , Moser 3:73 , borla exhaust w/ headers
Old 08-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10

As stated check the blower motor and pull it down to make sure there is not debris in there as it's very common on the fbodies for leaves and crap to get in there an clog up the blower fan. Also, you could also be low on freon and the evap coil freezing up not allowing much air flow.
DAVE00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Staging Lane

thanks, I'll add that to the "honey-do-list" this weekend.
2002 trans am , auto , bolt-ons , 3500 stall , shift kit , Moser 3:73 , borla exhaust w/ headers

Tags
00, 2002, ac, air, ant, blown, condition, conditioner, fast, freezes, houston, powered, problem, trans, vbulletin