General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

help! lol z06 down

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me lol

Hi everybody! so a few weeks ago yes only a few weeks ago i bought a 01 zo6 corvette 6 speed manual. The guy i had bought it from told me he put in a ls2 with forged pistons, heads, cam, intake, some suspension stuff, exhaust, heavier duty synchros in the transmission, stronger half shafts, and a stage three monster clutch for about 565 rwhp tuned on 93octane. I have driven it for a little over a week with zero complaints untill the other day. I had a four wheel alignment done and one the way home i went to shift from 2nd to 3rd and it wouldn't go. When i came to a stop it wanted to die like the clutch wasn't disengaging. It started to make noise sounding like a throw out bearing in the right front ofthe car. When the car is turned off i can go through all the gears as soon as i start it not the case. If he car is running with the clutch pedal to the floor and i try to put it in first the car starts to move forward without it even engaged in first gear. It will go through the gears without using the clutch using the rpms to shift the car. all the fluids are full and good, no leaks, the pedal has never been soft so i doubt there is air in the line. I dont know if it was bad timing or if when they did my alignment they did something. I know they had to heat up my back left tie rod to get it to break loose. Any ideas or tips would be very greatfull, cant wait to get back on the road.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteenice22
Hi everybody! so a few weeks ago yes only a few weeks ago i bought a 01 zo6 corvette 6 speed manual. The guy i had bought it from told me he put in a ls2 with forged pistons, heads, cam, intake, some suspension stuff, exhaust, heavier duty synchros in the transmission, stronger half shafts, and a stage three monster clutch for about 565 rwhp tuned on 93octane. I have driven it for a little over a week with zero complaints untill the other day. I had a four wheel alignment done and one the way home i went to shift from 2nd to 3rd and it wouldn't go. When i came to a stop it wanted to die like the clutch wasn't disengaging. It started to make noise sounding like a throw out bearing in the right front ofthe car. When the car is turned off i can go through all the gears as soon as i start it not the case. If he car is running with the clutch pedal to the floor and i try to put it in first the car starts to move forward without it even engaged in first gear. It will go through the gears without using the clutch using the rpms to shift the car. all the fluids are full and good, no leaks, the pedal has never been soft so i doubt there is air in the line. I dont know if it was bad timing or if when they did my alignment they did something. I know they had to heat up my back left tie rod to get it to break loose. Any ideas or tips would be very greatfull, cant wait to get back on the road.
i dont think your alignment had anything to do with this...
Old 08-22-2012, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

X2 ^^^
I would try to bleed the clutch and see if it gets better.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Default help! lol z06 down

hey everybody. So i bought a 01 z06 corvette off a guy two weeks ago and everything has been fine till the other day. Came up to a stop took off first, second went to go to third and it wouldn't go so i tried fourth fifth sixth nothing so i re-tried second and it barely went. when the car is off i will go through all the gears start it up and it doesn't want to go into any. I know te transmission has been re-built up graded synchros and he installed a monster clutch rated for 700 hp. with the car running and the clutch pedal compressed trying to put it into first just over in the direction of first the car moves forward. No leaks, pedal isnt and has never been spongy ideas, thoughts? thank you
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Clutch is not disengaging completely is my thought. Hopefully they had the idea to put in a remote bleeder because my first suggestion is to re-bleed the hydraulic system. If that doesn't work, then it's time to tear into it to see what's going on. There are many different parts to the clutch system that could be causing the problem. Go at them one by one.

Nix
Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Teching In

i wish they had put in a remote bleeder but they didnt lol i will re-bleed the system and see if that works, tank you

Quick Reply: help! lol z06 down