General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Water in floorboard.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in floorboard.

Hey guys i just got another 2002 camaro z28 in the begining of august and i got it without realizing there is water in the driverside floorboard. I didnt notice it until it started raining really bad one night and where my foot had been resting i saw a dark spot on the carpet. So i removed the mat the floor was soaked! it the wet spot doesnt come all the way back to the seat nor does it go up like the ramp thing at the pedals.

So basically what im asking what is the best way to try and find this leak? My T-tops do not leak bad from what i can tell my driver side only drops a drop like every 5 mins when its pouring rain. What ever advice you could give me would be completely appreciated.

P.S. I dont think its the heater core either.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

I believe it is the T-tops. If not there is a rubber type grommet that is located on the firewall that has been know to leak.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

So I should just get new weather stripping? If its not the grommet?
Old 08-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Banned

Make sure there isnt any gaps in your door window when the door is shut. Ive had to adjust both of mine on my vert quite a few times due to them leaking even though they look good up against the weatherstripping.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have this same problem in my 01 ta. water drips like once every 5 minutes just like you said thru my t tops too. i havent been able to figure it out, i adjusted my windows ever so slightly when i changed the window motors and it doesnt seem as bad anymore but idk, its wierd and confusing
Old 09-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Teching In

I don't have a prob with my T-Tops leaking (yet) but when its raining, if i put my window down for a bit to get fresh air and roll it back up, water will leak from my door right next the the speakers
Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

I have manual windows. are these adjustable?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Launching!

i had this problem and some housing around the A/C was cracked letting condensation from the A/C to leak into my floor.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im having the same problem on the drivers side floor. I have no T-tops. Where should I check on the firewall?
Old 08-20-2014, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

well if it's on the driver side front and not the passenger front, you can rule out heater core, ac condenser and the wiring grommet most known to leak (the one behind the PCM). It could be the weather stripping on the body side leaking under the corners where the plastic inserts have the screws going thru, allowing water in behind the a-pillar plastic which then runs down to the carpet, temporally remove your a-pillar plastic and when the next hard rain hits see if you see water coming in there.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Check the groment were the hood release cable goes through the firewall. I'm having that problem now. I cant get that groment to go back into the firewall. I'm trying to find some other stuff to use to seal it but nothing seems to work so far.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Teching In

check the grommet for the hood release like Dale said man that seems like a probable culprit
Old 01-05-2015, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So possible culprits are windows and grommet.
What if you have water in all floor boards?
I also have seen the headliner wet in a very specific area. It's to the point to where it has permanently made it sag. It is just above the rearview mirror and only there.
Ideas?
Sorry to thread jack, but didnt see a reason to start another thread on the same subject; also realizing it was bumped from 2012...

Quick Reply: Water in floorboard.