General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Found my issue and got her fixed!!!!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found my issue and got her fixed!!!!

Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago I swear I started hear a noise like a light tapping noise, so I took it to my buddy and he said sound like valvetrain noise and from what I have read, it seemed to fit the sound I was hearing. Well fast forward another week and I hear another noise but this time it sounded like a light knock, so I record it on my phone and send it to my buddy and he said it does not sound good at all and that he would come over and check it out. He comes over and starts it up and no noise is present so he drives it and NOTHING, runs perfect. I'm like WTF is going on, I know I am not losing it, I may be a bit paranoid when it comes to noises but I know something has to be going on but just can't seem to figure it out b/c the sound comes and goes it seems. Fast forward another week, I go to work at 8am, car runs great everything perfectly normal, I get off work at noon (4 hours later) and go to start the car and notice check gauges light comes on, I look down and NO OIL PRESSURE so I shut the car off. I checked the sending unit sensor and it seems to be fine. I decide to start the car up again (stupid I know) and it starts running like crap and a loud tapping noise appears so I shut it off. I end up towing it home and I am thinking man I need a new motor, but I decided to change the oil pump first just incase it was messed up. I tear it down, put new ported pump on cross my fingers and start it up and BOOM great oil pressure, tapping noises fade away, and now it seems to be doing just great. I was so nervous and scared b/c I just got this car a month and a half ago and thought I had to replace the motor but I lucked out and just needed a pump.

Sorry for the long story, I am just super excited that I was able to fix/find my problem that I have been hearing on and off for a couple weeks.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man! Hope it lasts a long time
Old 11-07-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have pics of the inside of your old pump...?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Found my issue and got her fixed!!!!