General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I keep blowing hyrdo slave cylinders during bleeding....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I keep blowing hyrdo slave cylinders during bleeding....

I've been working on my swap for a while now but I keep running in to thIs issue. I just blew my 3rd one sick and tired of dealing with it. So what am I doing wrong? All 3 were new I even have a new t56 magnum so I'm suspecting maybe it's the way I bleed it and caused it to leak?

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar issue during a tick master cylinder install on a stock 99 transam...blew the slave right off the bat.

during replacement I found someone previously installed a .060 shim between the slave and transmission...removed it during install of new slave

Make sure you DO NOT have to much adjustment in the master pedal to send TO MUCH fluid to the slave cylinder...you want the clutch to be disengaged while your foot/pedal is to the floor, but as soon as you start to release/raise up on the pedal the clutch starts biting...play with it from this point and make sure high rpm shifts are smooth..

good luck and take your time...start with short pedal strokes, and never force it into gear
Old 06-14-2014, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumping this because I am on my 4th slave now. OP, you are the only person I have seen with a t56 magnum as well. I have a super magnum from tick (1200 hp rated) and a mcleod twin disc. I can't even get to the point of bleeding because as soon as i press the clutch it leaks from the slave. The slave doesn't even move at all. Now that I have put the clutch pedal to the lowest point, it still leaked as soon as i hooked the line in and I wasn't even done hooking up the driveshaft under the car.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to measure to properly shim the slave.

Quick Reply: I keep blowing hyrdo slave cylinders during bleeding....