General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Pcv valve 12572717

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Pcv valve 12572717

I have searched and searched. Advance auto, O'Reillys, auto zone , napa no one has this fixed orifice Pcv valve and all look at me like I'm crazy and say that they can't even order it. Could someone give me link to where I can buy it. And what exact year models truck did this come on. Thanks for any help guys.

If this is not in the right section mods please feel free to move.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Not surprising that they would look at you funny because GM does not recommend to put the part on this car. I doubt any of these companies train their employees on the fine engineering intricacies between PCV designs and orifices. What would their family/friends think if they came home one day and told everyone they are an orifice expert?

You should read the article linked in the last post of this thread before going with the fixed orifice: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...pcv-valve.html Lots of good information.

If its still what you want to do, the truck models its designed for are in the same article and you should be able to look the part up by cross-referencing those models.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It seems to have worked for everyone else that has used it. But it is a good article. Thanks for posting.

Quick Reply: Pcv valve 12572717