General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver headlight stuck, then worked again

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver headlight stuck, then worked again

Hey guys,

Well I started the beast up for the first time in a week or two, and as I was leaving my drive way I noticed my driver's side headlamp was not going up. I pulled back into driveway, turned car off and my roommate taped on the light....and then it began working again.

There is no noise like what I have researched when the lights go up or down. It sounds actually as if maybe something is too tight, and it sounds like a clank noise when going down. (Like it's hitting something, not that noise click click click click of a stripped gear, my friend had a 95 LT1 with the same problem and this isn't the same sound) My right side lights don't make any noise.

Anyway, not a big deal as I don't drive the car much-- but I would like to fix it before it gets any worse (I do like to drive at night, especially now that it's getting cooler out).

So, I see people who just replace the gears with something. Is this usually the problem, the plastic gear? I am not good at replacing things, what is the labor usually (I can have a friend do it)

Thanks,
Kenny D

Quick Reply: Driver headlight stuck, then worked again