General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Door help

Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Default Door help

WHAT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! is that part called that the door striker goes into that keeps the door closed.
I have a 98 TA with power locks and that little posrtion inside that door that the striker goes into cracked and not the door wont close properly and my power lock wont work. when i press the key fob to lock it honks once at me like i left the hatch open.

ill take a pic later but i cant seem to find what that parts called. it has 3 screws around it like i can replace it. Ive come across door lock acuator but that part works. it trys to lock but it can't. ive tryed to fix it with a form of hot glue but it just didnt work and still acts up. i really would like my car to be able to lock. It also casues the car to not know the doors been open or closed so when the radios on after the cars off, usually the radio opens when oyu open a door but when you open the driver side door it stays on. i have to open the passenger door so the interior lights and radio turn off imediatly insted of that delayed crap.

i really need this part, any help would be greatful. i dont realy want to tear apart the door to investigate but im at that point. ive had my car die on me becasue of this.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

I believe its either the lock or latch assembly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door help