General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

a/c help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c help

a/c on my 2001 ws6 is not blowing air thru the front panel vents. defrost seems to be working and seems blow cold air but not sure due to cold weather. heater also blows hot air thru the defroster too. any help
would be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Might try checking your fuses. I've got the same problem on my DD 97 Lesabre, drives me INSANE! I did not fix the problem with fuses and have not fixed it yet but it's worth looking. What I did discover after much research, is that sometimes the mode actuator switch can either malfunction or just stop working all together. It's possible the flaps which change air flow may be stuck on something, but that's more unlikely. I don't know where the mode actuator is located on our F bodies, but I know you basically have to tear the dash apart to get to it on my buick. MAYBE that will point you in the right direction. Good luck, and welcome to forums!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like an issue I had with my Chrysler. Most models you do need to access behind the dash. My issue was the little actuator arm was made of plastic that broke and the vents would get stuck closed. Little DIY I made one from metal. That's all I can think is wrong without knowing to much of the in's and outs of your system first hand.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Can you get heat through the front vents? If not, its probably something hooked up to the vacuum actuators that divert air to the vents.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jcatman70
a/c on my 2001 ws6 is not blowing air thru the front panel vents. defrost seems to be working and seems blow cold air but not sure due to cold weather. heater also blows hot air thru the defroster too. any help
would be appreciated.
You have lost vacuum to the HVAC controler, It defaults to defroster when this happens. Either the vacuum line in the engine compartment is cracked or broken or disconnected OR someplace inside the car, the line has become defective.

Quick Reply: a/c help