General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help! Car will not start!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! Car will not start!

Not really sure what section this should be in buy I'm having issues on a 98 trans am. The fuel pump runs but turn the key and the starter does nothing. The starter is in perfect working order though (I have tested it). I believe my problems started when I pulled the dash to remove the HVAC however I plugged everything back up to the best of my knowledge. Everything else is working on the car except the odometer does not show the miles and the key doesn't seem to send signal to the starter. I have built several f body's and never encountered this. This is the first time pulling the dash for me. This car also is a fresh motor swap and turbo 400 trans. Has not been cranked since the swap. As I said I have done several motor and trans swaps before and never had this problem so I feel certain it's inside the car. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks in advance
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

Any ideas? I'm in a bind
Old 03-06-2013, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Ok update. The car is running. However it's only firing on 4 cylinders 2 on the drivers side and 2 on the passenger side. It is throwing a crank sensor code. We swapped crank sensors to a known good one. Still the same. The crankshaft is a brand new lunati crank and the reluctor wheel looks perfect. Have swapped computers (both) 98 model.

Quick Reply: Need help! Car will not start!