General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ABS, BRAKE lights and rattling sound from rear.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS, BRAKE lights and rattling sound from rear.

So I just did a couple additions to my car! I completely redid the whole exhaust did true duals, x pipe and went under the axle all the way to the rear tips. Also threw on a Racestar Darkstar drag setup with a 17/15 combo went 28's on the rear. Started driving it on the street and it was fine until the flexplate broke. Replaced that and then drove fine again until now!

All of a sudden the BRAKE and ABS light are on and I can hear a clicking/rattling sound with every turn of the wheel coming from the rear. I can hear the noise when I let go of the gas and start braking. Put it on jack stands and running it but no noise that way. Already opened up the rear and nothing wrong in there! My friend says its the exhaust hitting the bottom of the car but I think it's too much noise. Plus I hadn't heard it before and it's been weeks with the exhaust on. I already removed the calipers also to check them out and nothing wrong. The calipers are not rubbing either nor is the tire. BFH and rolled fenders and grinded calipers years ago for previous drag setup.

Can anybody gimme some advice on this?

Quick Reply: ABS, BRAKE lights and rattling sound from rear.