General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuel Delivery Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Delivery Problems?

So anyway, about a month and a half ago I had just ran my car on a half hour trip. Got home and two minutes later realized I forgot something. Started the car back up and it ran like crap. Acted like it wasnt getting enough fuel. I hit the gas pedal and it died. I cranked on it a couple times and it didnt fire. Then I held the pedal to the floor and it started. Decided it was a freak thing because since then its been running fine. Until yesterday. Went to start it yesterday morning and it just cranked. Had my gf crank on it while I pressed the schrader valve on the fuel rail with a screwdriver and noting came out. Let it sit for about an hour and it fired right up and has ran great ever since. Anyone ever have something similar? Any random thoughts or ideas?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannonball
So anyway, about a month and a half ago I had just ran my car on a half hour trip. Got home and two minutes later realized I forgot something. Started the car back up and it ran like crap. Acted like it wasnt getting enough fuel. I hit the gas pedal and it died. I cranked on it a couple times and it didnt fire. Then I held the pedal to the floor and it started. Decided it was a freak thing because since then its been running fine. Until yesterday. Went to start it yesterday morning and it just cranked. Had my gf crank on it while I pressed the schrader valve on the fuel rail with a screwdriver and noting came out. Let it sit for about an hour and it fired right up and has ran great ever since. Anyone ever have something similar? Any random thoughts or ideas?
Hello Cannonball,

Sorry you're having such strange issues with your vehicle. What year and make is your vehicle? Better yet, you can private message me your VIN# and mileage and I can look into your situation further for you. Have you considered taking your vehicle into a dealer to see if they can diagnose what's going on?

Reggie B.
GM Customer Care

Quick Reply: Fuel Delivery Problems?