General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

bcm or?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bcm or?

I had the issue with the radio and windows cutting out so after a search found the mod to reflow the solder and its work for over 500 miles now but have other issues not sure if its tied in to the BCM?

keyless remote seams to work when it wants to I installed a new battery in the fob but didnt seam to help much when it dont work some times if I open the fob and take the battery out and put it back in it will work I also noticed I dont need to press the hatch release 2 x like it shows on the fob just hold it down and it pops the hatch

the passanger side DRL does works intermittently installed new bulb checked wires, bulb socket nothing helps turn signal works fine though but at night it looks like the drives side turn signal is stuck on (brighter then the right side)

this is driving me crazy!

time for a new BCM or are these not related?

Last edited by stroker87; 05-20-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker87
when it dont work some times if I open the fob and take the battery out and put it back in it will work
This would tend to implicate the battery contacts in the remote. Do you have a second remote you can use/try?

These problems are not related.

the passanger side DRL does works intermittently
Does this mean the entire light is out when the DRL's should be on?

turn signal works fine though but at night it looks like the drives side turn signal is stuck on (brighter then the right side)
Does the turn signal work fine during the day and at night? (At night, it should always be on but get brighter and then dimmer during the flash.) Do the turn signals work correctly when the DRL is out?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:20 AM
TECH Regular

Q:This would tend to implicate the battery contacts in the remote. Do you have a second remote you can use/try?
A:no I dont,

I took the fob a part and there was a black residue on the contacts I cleaned it and seams to be working now

These problems are not related.

Q: Does this mean the entire light is out when the DRL's should be on?

A: yes the light is out when it should be on

Q: Does the turn signal work fine during the day and at night? (At night, it should always be on but get brighter and then dimmer during the flash.) Do the turn signals work correctly when the DRL is out?

A: yes turn signal works day or night but its off / on not dim / bright
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Q: Does this mean the entire light is out when the DRL's should be on?

A: yes the light is out when it should be on

Q: Does the turn signal work fine during the day and at night? (At night, it should always be on but get brighter and then dimmer during the flash.) Do the turn signals work correctly when the DRL is out?

A: yes turn signal works day or night but its off / on not dim / bright

This is really odd, because the first point above is a problem with the turn signal/DRL filament in the bulb being illuminated. The second point has the parking light bulb dark and the turn signal/DRL filament continuously illuminated. I'm not sure if there is one cause here.

How did you check the socket and wiring?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wssix99
This is really odd, because the first point above is a problem with the turn signal/DRL filament in the bulb being illuminated. The second point has the parking light bulb dark and the turn signal/DRL filament continuously illuminated. I'm not sure if there is one cause here.

How did you check the socket and wiring?
looked it over, installed a couple different new bulbs to rule out a bad bulb

it has a mind of its own really annoying some times its on then if I use the signal the DRL gos out, some times it not on at all
Old 05-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Save the manuals!

You have a wiring problem, at a minimum, then. I'd start there. The two parking light filaments are driven off the same output of the DRL module, so that indicates a bulb or wiring problem. (Since you've tested a known good bulb, its got to be a wire or the socket.)

I'd start with the parking light mode. It sounds like there is a short there and the parking light wire is shorting over to the turn signal/DRL filament, which would give you a brighter light all the time and a solid light when the turn signal is on.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wssix99
You have a wiring problem, at a minimum, then. I'd start there. The two parking light filaments are driven off the same output of the DRL module, so that indicates a bulb or wiring problem. (Since you've tested a known good bulb, its got to be a wire or the socket.)

I'd start with the parking light mode. It sounds like there is a short there and the parking light wire is shorting over to the turn signal/DRL filament, which would give you a brighter light all the time and a solid light when the turn signal is on.
the turn signal is working properly, its only the daytime running light that is a issue a few days ago I was parking in front of a glass front building and the passenger side was out (thats the trouble side) I hit the top of the dash and it went on? where is the DRL module located?
Old 05-27-2013, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

(UPDATE)

well I think I solved the problem!

the wires in the plugs for the DRL Module had some movement to the not the plug but the wires I pulled the module out and heated up the solder (same as BCM re-flow mod) and done the mod to turn off the DRL and all seams to be working http://xse.com/leres/ss/images/drl6-sm.html

when I had the DRL module in my had i was able to wiggle the wires and make the passanger side DRL go on/off and the blinker stay on (like a bad bulb) after putting it back together I messed with the blinkers for about 10 minuted tapping on the DRL module and every thing worked never skipped a beat

hope this will help any one in the near future

Quick Reply: bcm or?