General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C evaporator replacement......who has done it....?

Old 06-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default A/C evaporator replacement......who has done it....?

I have a very slow leak somewhere in my A/C system......the shop put some dye in it yesterday and we'll check it tomorrow when I go back there.

He thinks its the evap core......inside the dash.

How hard is that sumbitch to change...?

Is the heater core right there next to it and should it get changed at the same time....?

Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if it's like the LT1's are but mine was pretty easy to do. Not fun but a lot better than having to pull the dash. You can get to everything taking the glovebox out and some other plastic trim down below. I replaced the heater core as well- since you're right there might as well. Before you did that I would try some Red Angel. It's the only ac stop leak I've seen actually work. Also has a $ back guarantee. Evap was leaking on my parent's S10 a few years ago so I tried that stuff and it's still working good.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSS07
Not sure if it's like the LT1's are but mine was pretty easy to do. Not fun but a lot better than having to pull the dash. You can get to everything taking the glovebox out and some other plastic trim down below. I replaced the heater core as well- since you're right there might as well. Before you did that I would try some Red Angel. It's the only ac stop leak I've seen actually work. Also has a $ back guarantee. Evap was leaking on my parent's S10 a few years ago so I tried that stuff and it's still working good.

Huh.....can I put that Red Angel stuff in myself...? Do I just get it at any parts store?

Might as well try....it is a very slow leak. I took 4 weeks to leak out enough to start blowing warm.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C evaporator replacement......who has done it....?