General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Low idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low idle

I just finished having my LT's with new O2 sensor extensions put in and continue to have the same issue of a low idle. Sometimes, the engine wants to quit but it "catches" itself and brings idle back to around 700rpm. I just got a mail order tune and I drove it around the block when the issue started again. Can it possibly be any other problem?
Old 07-25-2013, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickSS
I just finished having my LT's with new O2 sensor extensions put in and continue to have the same issue of a low idle. Sometimes, the engine wants to quit but it "catches" itself and brings idle back to around 700rpm. I just got a mail order tune and I drove it around the block when the issue started again. Can it possibly be any other problem?

Sounds like this was happening before the mods?

Could be many things but I would first clean your throttle body and TB blade edges, inspect/clean IAC.

Those are free and relatively easy to do.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Ok, I'll try that. I didn't replace my o2s, just bought extensors, to clarify. If it is my o2 sensors going out, are they relatively easy to remove and replace?
Old 07-25-2013, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

I forgot to mention, I have an A4 and whenever I put in in reverse, park or drive, the drop in rpm's seems more dramatic for a second. Don't know if that narrows my problem or not.

Quick Reply: Low idle