General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

can your ac be turned off by a tuner?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can your ac be turned off by a tuner?

I broke an ac line when I was installing my cam. So I unhooked my belt til I fixed it. Well I put a new line on had it refilled by a local shop. Replaced the pressure sensor and tried it but my ac compressor wouldn't kick off. So I bought an ac compressor took it back to the shop put it on and filled it back up and no luck it still won't kick on. Now everything is new but still no luck with compressor. The fuses are good. Has power to the compressor etc etc. The only thing that changed was I sent my ecu out to get tuned for my cam. Is there a chance they turned off my ac functions? I'm outta ideas.....
Old 07-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

I'm just taking a stab in the dark, but did the new compressor come with a new clutch? The reason I ask, is because you said you have power going to the compressor but it's not kicking on. Also you said before it was stuck on and sometimes a bad clutch will do that too. As far as the ecm goes....if it's getting power to the compressor then I'd say, that's not your problem. I don't really know if the a/c can be turned off in the programming. I know on our semi trucks we can turn off the a/c off, but don't know about cars. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It came will new clutch assembly. Anyone else? I'm lost
Old 07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it mite be low on freon.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GiggleJuiced_SS
It came will new clutch assembly. Anyone else? I'm lost

Maybe I'm wrong but if you are getting power to the compressor/clutch, then it seems to me that it could only be a bad compressor/clutch if it won't turn on. Unlikely, but I've bought brand new fuel pumps, alternators, etc, etc...that have turned out bad. Everything else...ecm, pressure switch, low on Freon, blown fuse, etc, etc....wouldn't allow power to get to the compressor in the first place.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It was just filled completely. I'm going to double check power to the compressor later today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: can your ac be turned off by a tuner?