General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

strange idle return start up and decreased fuel mileage

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default strange idle return start up and decreased fuel mileage

I have been chasing these problem since last summer after driving in heavy downpour with some big puddles. First off car is an 02 ss lid ls6 intake texas speed cam 42# injectors lt headers true duals m6 car car made 410 at the wheels w/hp tuner

Last summer i drove through some deeper (4") or so puddles. After which car stared to act strange. No power idled like crap bad misses under 2500 but above pulled like normal. I changed o2 sensors and it seemed to idle alittle better and the performance was back for the most part. 1 thing i saw that seemed strange was a white wire spliced in with the brown wire of my o2 extension harness. I did not reconnect it. Since then i have been fighting an idle recovery issue wierd hot start and idle and fuel mileage decrease. Not to mention lack of power. I have cleaned the maf actually switched out for another , new plugs and wires another set of o2 sensors denso this time previous i had put the bocsh vette ones in. I dont know what else to do . Car used to start up with a bark like a superchagered car would and ilde perfect and get like 325 miles to the tank.car now starts and idles quiter,doesnt return to idle quick after throttle blip,surges when coming to a stop while searching for idle and now im lucky to get 225 and the performance is way down. I dont have a tuner car was tuned previous to me buying it with owner's hp tuner. Any guesses or help would be appreciated greatly . Thanks ,Joel
Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nonosv6
I have been chasing these problem since last summer after driving in heavy downpour with some big puddles. First off car is an 02 ss lid ls6 intake texas speed cam 42# injectors lt headers true duals m6 car car made 410 at the wheels w/hp tuner

Last summer i drove through some deeper (4") or so puddles. After which car stared to act strange. No power idled like crap bad misses under 2500 but above pulled like normal. I changed o2 sensors and it seemed to idle alittle better and the performance was back for the most part. 1 thing i saw that seemed strange was a white wire spliced in with the brown wire of my o2 extension harness. I did not reconnect it. Since then i have been fighting an idle recovery issue wierd hot start and idle and fuel mileage decrease. Not to mention lack of power. I have cleaned the maf actually switched out for another , new plugs and wires another set of o2 sensors denso this time previous i had put the bocsh vette ones in. I dont know what else to do . Car used to start up with a bark like a superchagered car would and ilde perfect and get like 325 miles to the tank.car now starts and idles quiter,doesnt return to idle quick after throttle blip,surges when coming to a stop while searching for idle and now im lucky to get 225 and the performance is way down. I dont have a tuner car was tuned previous to me buying it with owner's hp tuner. Any guesses or help would be appreciated greatly . Thanks ,Joel

did you check your throttle body? I got the same problem but it happened because the new throttle body I bought was broken after swap it again to the stock one, the problem was gone

Quick Reply: strange idle return start up and decreased fuel mileage