General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

02 LE SS A/C question for A/C Gurus!!!!!

Old 08-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 LE SS A/C question for A/C Gurus!!!!!

I know there are some A/C experts in here so heres my issue. Put gauges on my 02 SS and the low side is showing 85 psi and hi side is showing 105 psi. Its full of 134a and was working fine and just went cool/warm. My diagnosis is that the compressor or reed valve in compressor has failed and she aint pumping therefore almost same pressures on both sides. Low hi side pressure and hi low side pressure makes me think that.
The car does not have a expansion valve so i checked orifice tube and it was not plugged up with metal or trash. Buttoned it back up and pulled a vacuum and did fine. Installing first can of 134a and the low side goes to 75-80 psi immediately with compressor running....and hi side is below 100 before one full can is installed.
It is the original and been on the car since 2001.

So a/c gurus give me some advice on where I am wrong or right. Where is the place to purchase a Compressor. Good quality and price would help with a clutch on it.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2013, 05:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep sounds like the compressor. I've gotten a few from Advance. No problems with them- one's a few years old and one's a few months. I wanted to get one locally so if I needed to return it it would be easy. Also if buying online the prices weren't that much better after paying shipping. If you get one from Advance make sure to use one of the online coupons.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 LE SS A/C question for A/C Gurus!!!!!