General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Blown HeadGasket ( there any "small" fixes I could try )?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown HeadGasket ( there any "small" fixes I could try )?

well, I'm asking this for a friend of mine. But he has a 99 Orange " limited edition " camaro, and loves the car and will not sell it. Even though, it has a Blown HeadGasket and there's water in the engine. I told him I would post the question for him on this forum to see If there were any "small" things he could try, to get it atleast somewhat running. I told him that maybe using MCCC could help, but I'm not sure there's anything that can be done, aside from a whole new Engine overhaul. Well I appreciate everyones help and input. Thanks - Mike
Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsvtr
well, I'm asking this for a friend of mine. But he has a 99 Orange " limited edition " camaro, and loves the car and will not sell it. Even though, it has a Blown HeadGasket and there's water in the engine. I told him I would post the question for him on this forum to see If there were any "small" things he could try, to get it atleast somewhat running. I told him that maybe using MCCC could help, but I'm not sure there's anything that can be done, aside from a whole new Engine overhaul. Well I appreciate everyones help and input. Thanks - Mike
He could pull the spark plugs and crank the engine over so the coolant exits (careful, will be messy). That is about the only thing I can think of.

Is this an LS1 or V6? Both are pretty rare to go through head gaskets unless it was overheated.

V6 had issues around 100K with intake gaskets going but that's about it.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would drain engine. And swap in new gaskets. Ho estly it doesnt take long and is very simple there are many writeups.

Quick Reply: Blown HeadGasket ( there any "small" fixes I could try )?